Installation and Support Specialist
INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST APPLY HERE.
IAT, an Enghouse Interactive Company, has been developing collection-specific dialing and messaging technology for more than a quarter century. Located in West Jordan, Utah, IAT provides products not only for the United States but internationally. Site-premised dialers, cloud-based services and hybrid solutions—IAT offers cutting-edge predictive dialing and IVR and manual dialing solutions to fit every collection organization.
The successful candidate will provide application support of our existing and future software systems. In this position you will receive calls and/or electronic communications from our customers regarding product functionality and work hand in hand with our customers to fully diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues. Strong communication abilities, both written and spoken are required.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but not limited to:
- Perform advanced level troubleshooting to uncover specific function problem of any issue, typically including phone switches, telephony, email server and host server integration
- Receive calls from customers, document issue, trouble shoot and identifies application related issues
- Troubleshoot both proprietary products and 3rd party applications
- Routinely communicate with the customer on open issues to gain additional information and/or advise them of the status of their reported issue
- Provide account management to specific customers and manage their on-going needs
- Research and determine proper resource to correct problems
- Interact with other departments to resolve customer issues
- Participate in second shift or on-call pager rotation as required
- Deploy application fixes
- Assist, mentor and brainstorm with other Customer Support Engineers to resolve issues, including assisting in the development of new members to the Customer Support team
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Four year degree in IT or Computer Science or equivalent learned-on-the-job skills/experience
- 2+ years’ technical customer support and troubleshooting experience
- understanding of telecom standard TDM and SIP a MUST
- database and reporting skills; experience with MS SQL, Oracle and Business Objects a plus
- knowledge of Windows Client and Server Operating Systems Platforms
- systems administration and some programming experience preferred
- telephony or phone switch experience is a strong asset
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- exceptional customer service and problem solving skills
- must work well with others in a team setting - interpersonal communication skills, conflict resolution, and negotiating skills are valued
Enghouse is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.